Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time is ticking away...

The last weeks have been really intense here at the office: back-to-back meetings, radio show for Doc Rick, meeting with B&B Pools and Spa, meeting with K-Bear. And on top of that I had to write my management report. This weeks wasn't different from all the others. However,  I accomplished something of which I never thought I could do it. More on that in the following blogpost. 

On monday we had our weekly meeting with the guys from K-Bear. The four-to-six week Go-To-Market  Strategy has come to a final stage, but there are still many things to be discussed. It's very exciting for me how this will all turn out. As there are only two weeks left here, I might not be able to see the outcome of the meetings. But I really hope so!

On tuesday I set a big challenge for myself; a challenge which involves perseverance and dedication: 24hour without Facebook. There is a program on my computer called: self-control. It's the perfect program while studying for your exams. You just set the desired time, add a website (e.g. Facebook) to the 'blacklist' and the program blocks Facebook for your desired time. Anyway back to my challenge: it was hard, but I managed to bring it to good end. I'll definitely consider to do that more often. 

On wednesday morning we had to record two radio shows with Doc Rick. The first radio show was a phone interview with David Lerner, a holistic dentist from California. The second radio show was about the benefits of vegan food. In the afternoon we worked at the office on K-Bear, B&B Pools and Spa, Management report... 

Thursdays and fridays were just normal days at the office, so nothing special to report here. However, we got a phone call from Marshall saying that he would stay another week on the west coast, as he had plenty of meetings to attend to. 

During the weekend, I met with Alexandre to go to a cool sports bar to watch the Champions League Finale between Bayern Munich and Chelsea FC. The bar was crowded with blue shirts, drinking beer, supporting their team. It was madness. There were only a dozen of Bayern fans in the bar. Here are some pictures of the afternoon. Luckily for us there was a guy who sold beers for only three dollars a piece; which was a huge deal for us. As the bar was crowded and as beers were six dollars, it would take us a lot of time before we got beer. 

 
It was really nice game but ooo sooo tense. When Drogba scored the winning goals, the bar was going crazy. People throwing their plastic cups in the air, jumping and screaming all over the place. It was insane, a really nice experience! The sports bar was: Legends at Football Factory. A big sports bar on 33rd street between 5th and 6th avenue.

Afterwards I went for take out and ate it in bryant park. The weather was beautiful that day, so it was really nice to hang out there. I also Skyped my parents from there and made them really jealous. I didn't spend the night in the city as I was tired as hell, so I headed back to Cold Spring around 8pm.

Another cool week and weekend has come to an end here. There are less than two weeks left here in Cold Spring, so the time is ticking away here! I'll be back in Belgium in the beginning of June!

Thanks again to all the people who keep reading my blog! Stay tuned and best of luck studying for your exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment