Sunday, March 4, 2012

First day in the US!

Hello Bloggers!

I landed safe and sound at JFK Int'l Air Port in New York. It was a long (8u45) but very pleasant flight. At the airport Marshall Mermell came and pick me up. Marshall is the president of the company 'MKTworks, INC.' where I will be working for the next three months. As most people might have assumed, I'm not staying in New York City. During my internship I will be staying in Cold Spring, which is about 100km North of the big Apple. 

Cold Spring is a relatively small but very nice and picturesque city with only 2000 inhabitants. Cold Spring is a city situated at the banks of the Hudson River. As some people have learned there history lessons very well, Cold Spring and the New York area was founded by the dutch. So when driving through Cold Spring many flags of Holland characterize the streets. 

The president of the company arranged a beautiful place for me to stay here as well. It's a big room with a king size bed, a magnificent view on the hudson and bathroom with freaking jacuzzi. (All of which I will upload pictures very soon). The apartment is situated above a restaurant called Riverview.

Here you already have some pictures of the beautiful nature in which Cold Spring is situated.




The company that will host me for the coming three months is a small company with only 9 employees, including me. The business consists of two offices, one here in Cold Spring, NY and one in San Jose, CA. Over the years the company has hosted many interns here, most of them coming from the IBA in Kolding, DK. 

 This is the conference room of the office. As the office just moved one floor up, the place is very messy but we are working on this to get everything cleaned. The imaged depicted here below is the entrance sign with the logo of the company.

The first day was a fun and exciting but very tiring day. The jet lag isn't luckily that heavy as I expected before coming down here. We had nice diner in a typical American restaurant called the 'Red Line Diner'. The food was great but way out of proportion, so we took a doggy bag with us, which we ate the day after. Luckily we headed home pretty early, so I could get a good night sleep because I'll have a meeting early in the morning on a sunday...

To be continued with lot's of more exciting stories

No comments:

Post a Comment