Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fun and exciting week so far!


Yesterday wasn’t really that great as I have imagined it to be. In the morning we met two top of the notch manufacturers of swimming pools and spas in the New York area. When browsing through of the brochures, some pictures of the pools they've already build really blew me away. I was even more psyched about this, knowing that in the afternoon I get to see one myself in real life.

So we drove up to this kick-ass house owned by the CEO of the Hi-torc, producer of hydraulic pumps, which provides solutions for the air and space industry. Anyhow, from the outside the house was huge. I can’t even describe here how eager I was to see the house for inside out. 

This was the pool that I would have got to see, if that photographer didn't showed up late. 
But sadly the guy who was supposed to take some pictures of that pool showed up late, meaning that we had to postpone the meeting/visit, which bummed me out in a way. The rest of the day I spent time in the office doing some desk research on some of the clients I get to meet during my stay here.

This morning I was supposed to be ready at 6.50 to go and record a radio show. I set my alarm at 6.20 so that I had plenty of time to wake and get dressed, but I slept through that alarm and I woke up at 6.48. So in a huge rush I washed and dressed myself to get ready in time. Luckily that worked out.   

As I’m living in the US for now, I also built up a nice pattern, which I tend to follow every morning: I get up in the morning, get myself ready for work, then Marshall picks me up to have breakfast and go to work. My breakfast here consists of a chocolate muffin, a banana, a hard boiled-egg and orange juice.

In the morning we had two radio shows to attend to together with ‘Doc Rick’, a well-known chiropractor and specialized in holistic health care in the Hudson Valley. The radio show is called "when your health matters" and gives people practical advice on how to deal with certain medical issues and how to prevent them.


The one in front is 'Doc Ric' and the person in the back is Marshall
On this picture you can see Doc Ric and Marshall Mermell recording the show, airing every Thursday at 9am in the Hudson Valley and even in the Bay Area in California.

The afternoon merely consisted of some work at the office and attending a webinar on blogging and the benefits of Hubspot, which is an amazing tool that helps you take your marketing strategy to the next level using inbound marketing.

Most marketers (90%) are using the strategy of outbound marketing or old marketing is any marketing that pushes and throws products and services to the customers and help them deal with it. The new way of marketing on the other hand deals with any marketing tactic that relies on earning people’s interest instead of buying it. The inbound marketing perspective offers an interactive two-way communication where people search and come to you whereas outbound marketing is one way, meaning that the customers are sought out.

I assume that most people are oblivious to the whole marketing world but it’s just to show you what I am dealing with during my internship. Anyhow this is the future of marketing communications. If you want to have some more information on that matter I like you to consult a great scheme via Mashable by clicking on the following url.

I came home from the office around 10pm so again it was a long day where a lot of interesting and fascinating stuff was taken care of. 

Aside work related stuff some pretty exciting and amazing things happened as well today. The new iPad was launched, which again is an astonishing product! As I’m in NY for another three months I’ll definitely consider buying one. And last but not least FC Barcelona qualified for the quarterfinals after a one-man show from Lionel Messi with 5 (!) goals in the Champions League. 

So my day couldn’t have been better! Tomorrow, again, an interesting day awaits me where I get some driving to do with the Audi A6! Can’t also wait for the weekend because then I’ll visit the big Apple for two days straight!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment