Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week 4!


Monday 26/03/2012

After another amazing weekend where I got to experience the city in a more organised way with a guide and a decent map in my pocket, I was ready for the last week of March. It promised to be an exciting, busy week with loads of meeting scheduled… except for Monday. Marshall was still in California, Marc was running late and I checked in at the office around 9am. I did some more research on the K-bear – the eucalyptus product – and I revised the blog I had to write for B&B Pools and Spa. As this was just a normal day at the office, I didn’t have that much to report here in my blog. I went to sleep pretty early that day, as Marc and me had to pick up Marshall at JFK Int’l Airport.

Tuesday 27/03/2012

My alarm was set that day to go of at 5:30 AM, way too early if you ask me. But the saying says: ‘early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’. So with that saying in my mind, I dressed and prepared myself for a trip JFK. Luckily traffic went nice and smooth and it took us about 1h30 to get there. We picked Marshall up and went directly for something to eat, as we barely had time to eat before coming down to JFK. The weather was very nice that day with no clouds in the air, the temperature however fluctuated between -2° and 2°. Allegedly this is normal for the time of the year, the weather channel even forecasted some snow and freezing temperatures, luckily none of this actually happened. 

Around noon we had a meeting with B&B Pools and Spa in Chestnut Ridge. So we went straight from JFK to there which was another 70km. The meeting was really interesting as we discussed the results and ratings from the BBpools Facebook page and compared those results with their competitors. This meeting made me even more realize the vital importance of Social Media nowadays in the world of Marketing. We also entered in a crucial week launching their new website via Hubspot, so we also dealt with the last issues in order for the site to be propagated. 

Around 6pm we returned back to the office for to make some phone calls and for me to make and prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the IBA the following day. Later that evening we had some diner at the restaurant and went to bed pretty early.

Wednesday 28/03/2012


As Marshall hosted many interns from the IBA in Kolding (DK) before me, it became a tradition for every year to give a presentation on MKTworks, Inc. for the students of the IBA. It gave me also an opportunity to catch up with some people I have met last year. Normally Marshall would give a presentation on the company followed by a small presentation by the intern. But due to some practical issues, I had to begin with my presentation on my life in the USA followed by Marshall giving an overview of the services MKTworks provides its clients. I'm safe to say that we did a great job presenting our material as many questions were asked afterwards and as many students came asking me questions about my life in the US.

Afterwards we had some dinner with Connie (administration at the IBA) and Ian Charles (hosting lecturer at the IBA) in a great chinese restaurant called 'Gingers 5127' on 512 seventh avenue. Definitely worth going to if you like Chinese food and want to have a small and quick bite to eat. Here is also a picture of Ian, Marshall and Connie on Times Square.

In the afternoon we were supposed to attend a photo-shoot of that big fancy pool I was talking about earlier in my blog, but due to bad weather conditions this was cancelled again. I really hope to have seen this pool before leaving Cold Spring in June. Instead we met with the contractor who helped building and constructing this pool in Ramsey, NJ for dinner in a very nice Italian restaurant.

Just a quick fyi about the pool to give you an idea on how awesomely awesome this pool is: in the middle of the ceiling there is a smaller replica of the 'pyramids of the Louvre' built in. In order to do that, this contractor flew with a private jet all the way to Paris just to check if this was possible.

As this diner took place in Jersey and we didn't want to drive all the way back to the office, we spent the afternoon in a Fed-Ex office just outside New York doing some business while on the road.

It also happened to be the birthday of Marc Sabin that day so it was a business/birthday diner. Marc, if you're reading this, a Happy Birthday once more :).

Thursday 29/03/2012


In the morning another meeting was planned with B&B Pools, in the afternoon a culinary/business visit to the CORE Club in the city was planned.

As mentioned above this was a crucial week for the new website of B&B Pools as it was going to be launched today. Launching this website via Hubspot gives us now the possibility to check and track the people who are visiting this website. So if you want to check out that fancy pool and many other beautiful pools go to http://www.bbpoolandspa.com.

The process of launching that website didn't run as smoothly as expected, as there were some problems with the initial server. So we spent a few hours launching a new server and transferring all the data from the initial server to the new server.

The visit to the city was a very special one as we were invited in the CORE-club, a very high-end club, which is a private 360° "lifestyle"organization that unites its members by providing access to experiences, services, insights, culture, entertainment, and community (http://www.thecoreclub.com/core-vision/). The price you have to pay to be a part of this select community is about $100.000. So you can imagine that, for us, it was a great pleasure to be invited there.

Upon arrival we were given a short tour of the one of the five floors of the club. On the terrace there was a small coffee/breakfast place called 'Coco Safar', providing the members with the finest pâtisserie and coffee of the world. Inside we were given a tasting session where we could experience and taste ourselves the deliciousness coffee, chocolates and patisserie. I have to admit that I am not a coffee nor a tea drinker, but when I was given the change to taste this espresso, it just blew my mind. It was unbelievable; no words can describe how delicious and smooth it was. Here are some picture I took.  The middle picture isn't actually coffee, it's tea. So as you can see pretty amazing stuff they are working on. The company wants to provide it's customers with a total experience.

 

Filled with deliciousness we returned back to Cold Spring and almost went to bed instantly.


Friday, 30/03/2012


Finally a normal day at the office was planned. A day where no special meetings were planned, just a day finishing some school related stuff as well as doing research on the history and the many uses of Eucalyptus. This, in preparation for the go-to market strategy we are creating with K-bear. After finishing the research I looked it through with Ron and Marshall and they were satisfied with the content, however the built-up of my text is still a working point; a normal issue if your mother tongue isn't English. We closed the office doors around midnight, grabbed something to eat in a diner, congratulates Marshall with his birthday and went to sleep around 1am.

As can be read I really had a blast this week. Three days in a row we were in the city, three amazing days where I met new people, tasted probably the best coffee in the world and where I saw my friends from Kolding back. But more coming up in my following post on easter break.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment